Celebrating the Centennial Anniversary of Russell Kirk’s birth across Campuses
On October 19, 2018, we’ll mark the centennial birthday of Dr. Russell Kirk, and in celebration of this milestone, a number of events are being held on campuses and by student groups across the nation. They’ll be considering Russell Kirk’s contribution to the meaning and promise of American conservatism as well as examining some of his greatest literary works. The following list of events are not organized by Kirk on Campus, but if you’re interested in participating, please reach out to the event sponsors for more information or register for the event as required.
- 10/9 – 10/10 | “Russell Kirk at 100: A Conservative Mind’s Legacy” at Hillsdale College. Speakers: Annette Kirk, Brad Birzer, Gleaves Whitney, Alan Cornett *
- 10/11 | “ Imagination Rules the World: Russell Kirk and Conservatism,” Gerald Russello at University of Colorado, Boulder.*
- 10/12 | “Conservative Confusion: Why We should Read Russell Kirk in 2018” lecture by Brad Birzer, the University of Louisville, Kentucky *
- 11/5 | “Civil Discourse in a Time of Political Polarization,” Markets & Morality, and The Tocqueville Forum will host a discussion cosponsored by Kirk on Campus with Elizabeth Corey of Baylor University, and Michael Federici of Middle Tenn. State University, 7 PM, Winants Auditorium, Graves Hall, Hope College, Holland MI*
- 11/2 | William F. Buckley, Jr. Program at Yale: Conference on Russell Kirk and The Conservative Mind, Yale University, New Haven, CT*
- 11/15 | The Challenge of Contemporary Conservatism: Russell Kirk and the Populist Moment, Hope College, Holland, MI*
Isabel Nelson is a graduate student and served as president of the Russell Kirk Society at Villanova University.
HAVE A QUESTION?
Get in Touch with Kirk on Campus
P.O. Box 4
Mecosta, MI 49332
Follow us on social media